Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Book Review: 'Never Let Me Go' By Kazuo Ishiguro

Sugandha and I met over books. It cannot get any better than that can it? But then I hopped over to her blog Shades of Life and realized we have a lot more in common; her thoughts, her reflections, fiction and reviews… I realized we shared a mutual love for the written word.

So when she asked me to write a review post for her blog, and let me decide what I would like to talk about, I couldn't think of a better book than this to share through her writing world. 
Source: Wikipedia

Kazuo Ishiguro is an Author you wish you could be. Every book that I have read of his has had poise, elegance, uniqueness and a creativity that very few Authors are capable of. Each book he writes is vastly different from the other and leaves a mark on the reader not only with his writing abilities but the characters he creates through each of them.
'Never Let Me Go' is probably one of the finest of his works. While Remains of the Day continues to remain my personal favourite, this particular piece of work touches a chord in an entirely different way.

Read on at Shades of Life

14 comments:

  1. Interesting..is this a dystopian novel? I really must read something by this writer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not really.. he has portrayed the life of those people through memories and frankly he does not refer to the donor program much.. subtle hints here and there but he addresses the concept of them being different..and how it doesn't seem to bother them, how they live their lives as per what they think is normal.. he makes it seem humane and only when you read it in entirety do you realize how inhuman it truly is..

      You should read this Author.. I have read around 4-5 of his books till now, all of which were quite literary in nature.. read 'Nocturnes" a collection of short stories based on nightfall and music.. they were lovely too..

      Delete
  2. Remains of the Day is fine book, one that I read twice. Now let me see if I can get a copy of this one too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh if you have liked Remains of the Day that much, you should like this one as well.

      Delete
  3. Thank you Seeta for gracing my blog with your post. I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should be the one saying thank you! It was such a pleasure :)

      Delete
  4. Haven't read his books yet. Your words make me want to take it up. The cover page is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never heard of him Seeta. Should take it up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How interesting!! I've not heard of this author before..
    Lemme check if my library has any of his books..

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...