Thursday, December 05, 2013

Memories In A Bottle

Dear Friend,

Sitting cozy in the armchair, I feast on Pride and Prejudice between sips of an icy cold cranberry breezer. Our favourite book and drink, what more reason do I need to miss our times together? … An orange haze streaks through the window brightening up the twin armchair next to mine, the one that you occupied when you were around. The books we read and the topics we discussed changed every time but the armchair and breezers were our constant companions.

We loved Alcopops didn’t we? Esp. if they were fruit wine based. I remember how much we hesitated before we tried one. Cranberry was the first flavor we tried and we were hooked for life. Despite the different flavours out there on the shelves, it used to always be cranberry that found its way into our shopping cart.
Source: www.picturejockey.com
I guess the colour was what attracted us most to this drink when we first bought those bottles. Not to mention the thought of cranberries! ... And that odd yet so delicious combination of bitter and sweet that played havoc when the berry melted into the mouth. One sip of the drink and those sensations have begun to play again.

As I take another sip, it opens a floodgate to memories of Christmas and Thanksgiving. That divine sauce we made out of that tiny fruit or the warmth it added to the Christmas decorations each time we strung them with popcorn on the tree. The turkey would never have tasted that scrumptious without the sauce now, would it? And oh those pies! It used to be fun devouring them down and wiping off those untidy crumbs from our faces.

No wonder we fell in love with this flavor; there were too many wonderful memories associated with it. And now I can never let it go, because it symbolizes fun times and those beautiful moments that we shared in the past.

It’s been a decade since you moved to the Big Apple, never to come back. Yes, we do talk over the phone and catch up over mail and will always stay best of friends. With time however, our lives have changed and the time we spent together has been permanently locked away to be just a precious memory.
But then a day comes by when I see a Cranberry breezer and all those memories flash by making me reminisce the time we spent together… just like it did today.

Those were the days my friend
I thought they would never end
But with a Cranberry Breezer in hand
Sometimes I relive them again.
Missing you

Your Friend… Forever



This post is written for Breezer "Catch the flavour" contest hosted by Indiblogger in association with Bacardi

15 comments:

  1. A romantic crush on a soothing taste and flavor with punch lines to munch…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Words strung together quite beautifully :) thanks for reading!

      Delete
  2. I read this post while sipping my morning cuppa when I snorted it out laughing. For a second I was amused and amazed at your passion for the cranberry breezer... but the note at the bottom of the post explained it all. Nicely written!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe I can so understand what you felt.. I would have too :-) Thanks babe!

      Delete
  3. Years ago, I remember going to a "wine shop" in Delhi and the salesman kept insisting we try Bacardi's Cadbury's flavour :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ROFL! but come to think of it wonder how it would taste if Bacardi did come up with a chocolate flavour .. yikes! :P

      Delete
  4. Well I m hvng my morning coffee as I read this. Good luck 4 d contest. Some breezers on d way

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank and if they do come we can all meet for some :)

      Delete
  5. Nice one, Seeta! Your entry is full of Nostalgia :)
    I love this- "But with a Cranberry Breezer in hand, Sometimes I relive them again." This is so wonderful! Cheers! :)
    All the best for the Contest! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anita :) I checked your blog, didnt you participate?

      Delete
  6. I enjoy Breezer. I have tried all the flavors. Good luck for the competition.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Rachna! Weren't you also participating? I remember seeing your name in one of the teams...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah! Nothing can be as fulfilling as a nostalgic moment embellished with the memories and a drink. :) Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. With such nostalgia..would suggest you to try some single malt..should surely make you feel better ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...