Tuesday, August 29, 2006

An Honour for "23C"!!!!


Courtesy: www.openclipart.org

Being from Goa, a place where Chaturthi is considered the biggest festival of all, Idol immersion processions were nothing new to me.

Yesterday was an exception though. As I waited at the Ramprasad Hotel Bus Stop in Adyar for a Bus to Besant Nagar, I saw a Ganesh Immersion procession making its way towards the Besantnagar Beach.
It was a gratifying feeling…listening to the chants of “Ganapati Bappa Moriya! Mangal Murti Morya”… it kind of added to the festive atmosphere…

I and several others watched on expecting the procession to move towards the beach. We were all in for a surprise.

The procession came to a halt right in front of us…The chanting stopped as well. I wondered why. Within a minute Bus No 23 C came along. We all made a rush towards it, only to be pushed away by the procession crowd. Taken aback we all stared as the entire procession boarded the bus and the boy carrying the idol sat on an aisle seat. The chanting resumed. Given that the crowd was more than 25 in number, we were left with no option but to wait for the next bus.

I had seen Ganesha Idols beings taken in Pickups, Trucks, SUV’s and Sedans for immersion. A public transport bus was definitely a first!

3 comments:

  1. certainly a first for me too! wow! :) guess the bus too got sanctified now :)

    the post kinda made me nostalgic about mumbai and the Chaturthi fervor there :)

    Ganapati Bappa Morya!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :D 23C pudhlya divshi lavkar ya!!!
    :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Seets.....

    Cute weblog!!!

    Just wanted to say Hi...and I started working at Bioanalytical Technologies, Pune...so cheers!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...